NEW Product Highlights
- Fermented BCAAs – no duck feathers or human hair (commonly used to source BCAAs in other products)
- Added Glutamine, Powdered Coconut Water and Electrolytes
- Informed sport – certified banned substance free
- Patented ingredients – Pepform® Leucine and Glutamine Peptides (isolated from whey proteins, highly bio-available forms)
- Micronized amino acids – improved mix-ability and delivery
- New Flavour Technology – 2 dramatically improved flavours
- Grenade Funnel still included in every tub!
- Stackable with any of the Grenade Essentials range to tailor to your own goals
- GMO Free
If you’re lifting heavy and often and you want your muscles to grow to their maximum potential, you need to protect them from catabolic forces whenever possible. That means preventing muscle breakdown! The most basic, unavoidable reality when it comes to muscle growth is that you must ensure that more amino acids are entering the muscle tissue throughout the day than are leaving it.
To achieve this delicate but crucial balance, you’ve got to be regularly making the most important amino acids available to your muscles. Defend has been formulated with all of the most anabolic and anti-catabolic amino acids required by the human body in an unbelievable tasting powdered drink mix, so you’ll never be caught short when it comes to supplying your muscles with the most potent building blocks required for their growth and repair! Defend is designed to be used throughout the day, either with meals to enhance the amino acid profile of your diet or between meals as an anti-catabolic. It also makes a perfect Intra-Workout or Post-Workout supplement (along with your protein shake) as a broader spectrum alternative to BCAAs.
Remember, Defend is designed for athletes and military personnel who want to avoid muscle breakdown and maximise their exercise recovery, strength and lean muscle mass. It is an advanced, new, full-spectrum amino acid product, which contains every amino acid required to build and repair muscle. Also, virtually all of the amino acids found in Defend are delivered in both the peptide-bonded and free forms, for a broader range of absorption and kinetics. Finally, Defend is formulated with key nutrients to enhance absorption, uptake and retention of its vital amino acid payload.
Several key, powerful and cutting-edge ingredients have been added to Defend, including: High-Dosage Leucine is probably the single most important amino acid for bodybuilders and strength and power athletes. This BCAA, even at modest levels, can literally “turn on” muscle-building activity. No other single amino acid is known to do this to any significant extent on its own. Also, studies suggest that adding additional leucine to Protein can increase the magnitude of protein synthesis (the process that builds muscle).Defend contains both peptide-bound and freeform leucine . Astragin Astragin®, a patented combination of Astragalus and Panax Notoginseng has been added to Defend to support optimum absorption. Impressive results have been obtained using this ingredient from scientific studies into its activity in Human intestinal Caco-2 cells, which have the responsibility for nutrient absorption from the gut. L-Citrulline DL-Malate Of all of the amino acids, citrulline has been found to increase nitric oxide and blood flow the most, more than arginine and other amino acids
High nitric oxide levels and improved blood flow have been associated with increased weight training performance, increased muscle protein synthesis, increased Protein content in muscle, reduced fatigue, increased energy production and increased creatine phosphate production [2,3,4].
Alpha lipoic acid has been demonstrated in scientific studies to have a positive impact on insulin function in the body and effects on supporting creatine uptake and retention in the muscle cells.
Glutamine peptides have long been recognised as a stable form of glutamine by bodybuilders and other strength athletes who use them for their purported cell-volumising and anticatabolic effect synthesis, increased protein content in muscle, reduced fatigue, increased energy production and increased creatine phosphate production [2,3,4].
1. Drummond MJ, Rasmussen BB. Leucineenriched n trients and the regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin signalling and human skeletal muscle protein synthesis. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 May;11(3):222-6. doi: 10.1097/ MCO.0b013e3282fa17fb.
2. Schwedhelm E, Maas R, Freese R, Jung D, Lukacs Z, Jambrecina A, Spickler W, Schulze F, Böger RH. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of oral L-citrulline and L-arginine: impact on nitric oxide metabolism. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008 Jan;65(1):51-9. Epub 2007 Jul 27.
3. Pérez-Guisado J, Jakeman PM. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 May;24(5):1215 -22.
4. Osowska S, Duchemann T, Walrand S, Paillard A, Boirie Y, Cynober L, Moinard C. Citrulline modulates muscle protein metabolism in old malnourished rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Sep;291(3):E582-6. Epub 2006 Apr 11.
Directions For Defend BCAA:
Mix 1 serving of Defend® (2 heaping scoops) into 8-16oz of ice cold water during (intra-workout), or after high intensity exercise.
Alternatively, Defend® can be added to your water bottle using the funnel provided and consumed throughout the day.
Number of scoops and/or water levels can be adjusted to boost flavor and/or amino acid profile.
Warnings: Consult your physician prior to using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition. This product is not to be used by those under the age of 18. Immediately discontinue use and contact your healthcare professional if you experience any adverse reactions to this product. DO NOT exceed 3 servings (6 level Scoops) per day. Keep out of reach of children. DO NOT use if safety seal is broken or has been tampered with. Store in a cool dry place. Funnel and scoop included. Contains silica gel sachet. DO NOT consume. NOTE FOR TESTED ATHLETES: Please consult your specific federation before use.