THIS STACK INCLUDES (1) SAVAGE PRE-WORKOUT, (1) SAVAGE WHEY ISOLATE, AND (1) NUTRABIO INTRA BLAST BCAA!
Tired of overpriced, amino spiked isolates,on top of that when you open it the container is only filled halfway? look no further than Savage Whey Protein's 100% pure whey protein isolate. Savage Whey is the most advanced and effective isolate available. Scientifically proven to give you `100% of what you need to support muscle growth and achieve your goals. Savage whey provides 25 grams of super-fast absorbing 100% whey protein isolate and is micro- filtered for even faster absorption and digestion. It delivers quick amino acid replenishment, perfect thing in the morning to stop catabolism or after intense training to speed your recovery. Each serving of Savage Whey has 5.5 grams of bcaas including 2.7 grams of L- leucine, the BCAA that is directly involved in activation Muscle Protein Synthesis to ensure your workouts are not going to waste. Savage whey uses only when proteins derived from cross-flow microfiltration processing(cold-filtered) to preserve the many important whey protein fractions including lactoferrin and immunoglobulins, which can be lost in other forms of processing. We have carefully formulated Savage Whey to deliver more of what you want, and less of what you don't: free of gluten, fat free and less that one gram of lactose per serving. With exceptional taste and superior quality, you'll look forward to your next shake.Forget the average Whey, Join the Savage Whey today!!
-FDA substance Compliant, GMP certified
-Natural and Artificial Flavors
-Less than 1g lactose
-lab tested for Purity
-Complete Amino Acid Profile
-Includes key vitamins and electrolytes
Whey Protein Isolate25g-Whey isolate is one of the most complete forms of protein available and because it lacks carbs, fats, cholesterol and lactose, it is commonly used as a health supplement. A single serving of many brands of whey isolate may provide your body with all of the amino acids it needs to promote ideal health results from workout and fitness efforts. Furthermore, it contains a high level of leucine, cysteine and amino acids. These elements, in combination with the high levels of pure protein it provides to your body with practically zero fats and lactose, make it ideal for those who want to nourish their body and promote a healthy lifestyle.
What is whey isolate?
Whey isolate, otherwise known as whey protein isolate, is natural byproduct from the cheese production process. It is typically a dry, powdery substance that may be used in the making of various products that range from meats to candies and certain types of beverages. Because of its unique health benefits, whey isolate is also widely used as a health supplement. Through the whey isolate manufacturing process, this powder provides you with one of the most pure forms of complete protein available. It generally has a higher concentration of protein than other forms of whey, such as concentrated whey protein. Further, the manufacturing process removes excess fats and lactose from the powder. Some types of whey isolate on the market are also cholesterol free and carb free.
A Closer Look At Its Benefits
After learning that whey isolate is a complete form of protein that is also rich in amino acids, leucine and cysteine, the question arises of what results you might expect to enjoy when you take a whey isolate supplement on a regular basis. The benefits are varied, and they include the promotion of muscle growth, the loss of body fat, a boost to the body's immune function, a reduction in the risk for breast cancer in women, an improvement in the control of blood glucose levels and prevention for muscle and bone loss in aging adults. Through a review of the benefits whey isolate can provide, you can see that this substance is ideal for use as a health supplement to enhance workouts as well as for the general health and well-being it provides.
How to Get the Best Results
There are several different types of whey isolate available on the market, and the supplement can be found both online and in numerous local and chain stores. The most common type is a powder that is designed to be added to water or milk to prepare a health drink. You may also find whey isolate in an already prepared drink that is ready for immediate consumption. Both the powder mixes and prepared drinks may be found in a variety of flavors like chocolate, vanilla and more. The best results for muscle growth are usually enjoyed when the whey isolate enters your body either immediately before or immediately after a workout. Instructions and recommendations may vary, so the manufacturer's dosage and intake instructions should be carefully read and followed.
Athletes may use whey protein isolate in their training regimen to enhance their performance and increase lean muscle mass. When the body is exposed to physical stress, such as exercise, muscle is naturally broken down and repaired. Whey protein optimizes muscle repair by speeding the time it takes to regenerate tissue. The production of glutathione is increased, assisting the process of muscle building and repair. Fat oxidation is improved to produce greater energy and oxidative cell damage that may occur from training is reduced.
Muscle Wasting Diseases
Whey protein isolate may benefit those with cachexia because it helps to prevent muscle wasting. Cachexia occurs in patients with certain diseases such as the AIDS virus or those with cancer. Consuming whey protein may also benefit senior citizens and others who may be losing muscle mass due to natural aging. A healthy musculoskeletal system increases strength, benefits immune function and improves health.
Whey protein isolate may improve digestion. It can help to regulate bowel movements and in certain forms, may be consumed by those who are lactose intolerant. It is often used in milk-based formulas for infants.
Good Source of Amino Acids
Whey protein isolate is a good source of amino acids such as glutamine, leucine, and cystine. The high concentration of branched chain amino acids are specifically responsible for the whey protein's optimal maintenance and repair of muscle tissue. Glutamine and leucine stimulate protein synthesis after exercise and are responsible for reducing tissue damage and improving endurance. Cysteine helps to produce glutathione, an antioxidant which helps to maintain muscle mass. (See also our article on N-Acetyl Cysteine/NAC
Whey protein isolate, concentrate and hydrolysate
Whey protein may be consumed as a protein concentrate, an isolate (as above) or in a hydrolyzed form. Whey protein concentrate is usually found in protein powder supplements and is approximately 80% protein. Whey protein isolate is the purest form of whey protein and is approximately 90-95% protein. The isolate form contains minimal lactose, making it suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
Cross-Flow Microfiltration Whey Protein Isolate (CFM)
Whey protein isolate is the cleanest form of whey protein. Isolation of the whey, using cross-flow microfiltration is the next processing step after concentration. It has a higher protein per serving ratio than whey concentrate . Whey isolates yield over 90 grams of protein per 100 grams of whey. It is virtually fat and lactose free. Whey isolate yields a higher amount of BCAA, half of which come from the essential amino acids. Extremely digestible with a good taste.
CROSS-FLOW MICROFILTRATION....THE PROCESS DESCRIBED IN LAYMAN'S TERMS
Whey protein isolate can be manufactured using different methods. There are two different whey isolate proteins..
Cross-Flow Microfiltration is a natural high tech manufacturing process that uses ceramic filters to remove the fat, lactose, and other unwanted materials, hence isolating the protein. The protein is NOT subjected to chemicals, therefore protein is left unharmed and in its original state. This leads to added benefits over ion-exchange whey isolate, here are a few.
1. Cross-flow microfiltration possess more calcium and less sodium than ion-exchange. Thus, women and athletes on performance enhancement drugs might want to consider cross-flow microfiltration as their choice for obvious reasons.
Note Avonmore Data
2. Cross-Flow Microfiltration Protein contains different proteins that add to its appeal which ion-exchange does not posses.
These proteins are important in the immune system and maintaining biological activity of some proteins. Thus athletes with a risk of over training or intense training bodybuilders would benefit from CFM.
% in CFM
Bovine Serum Albumin, Immunoglobulins
Lactoferrin, Lysozyme, Lactosperoxidase, other
Alpha-Lactabumin helps in the process of digesting minerals and enhancing the immune system.
Glycomacropeptides enhance the immune system by viruses binding to the whey protein instead of the intestinal tract, thus less the chance of becoming infected.
3. CFM whey isolate has the highest level of undenatured protein available (.99%)
Note Avonmore Data
AMINO ACID PROFILE (mg/g)
Isoleucine~~~~~~~~~~~68 Leucine~~~~~~~~109 Methionine/Cystine~~~~~50
Phenylalanine/Tyrosine~~63 Threonine~~~~~~~83 Tryptophan~~~~~~~~~~20
Valine~~~~~~~~~~~~~64 Lysine~~~~~~~~~~95 Alanine~~~~~~~~~~~~56
Arginine~~~~~~~~~~~~17 Aspartic Acid~~~~127 Glutamic Acid~~~~~~~197
Glycine~~~~~~~~~~~~20 Histidine~~~~~~~~18 Proline~~~~~~~~~~~~63
WARNING! Some supplement companies try to use the words cross-flow microfiltration in their list of ingredients when actually they're using none at all. Cross-flow microfiltration whey isolate is patented by avonmore/waterford. The label must posses the trademarked symbol. Remember that cross-flow microfiltration protein is very fluffy, unlike a ultrafiltration protein and/or microfiltrated whey isolate, which is sand-like.
Bodybuilding and Athletic Supplementation Description
The ideal source of whey protein for weight training athletes. Users reported no experience with digestive problems such as gas, bloating, and diaherra, as commonly associated with whey concentrate. Reported higher lean muscle gains with whey isolate over concentrate due to it's higher P.E.R. value. Which means, more weight is gained from every gram of whey isolate taken. Although twice as expensive as whey concentrate, the benefits out weigh the price. If one wants protein and not fat and carbs, then choose whey isolate. Mostly consumed by recreational bodybuilders and amateur athletes. Great for bodybuilders who are lactose intolerant.
Many companies claim to use whey isolate but do not. Remember, isolated whey protein costs twice as much to manufacture therefore their profit margin would be drastically reduced, that is why there are so many whey concentrates on the market and whey complexes (combinations of WPC & WPI). Look at the nutritional facts, if the label reads 2 or more carbs it usually is a concentrate or contains it.
Once again beware of proprietary information
Typical Serving Size 60cc or 25 grams
Electrolytes-Electrolytes regulate our nerve and muscle function, our body's hydration, blood pH, blood pressure, and the rebuilding of damaged tissue. Various mechanisms exist in our body that keep the concentrations of electrolytes under strict control.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are rich in electrolytes.
Our muscles and neurons are sometimes referred to as the "electric tissues" of the body. They are reliant on electrolyte movement between extracellular, interstitial and intracellular fluid (fluid inside, outside or between cells).
A muscle contraction needs calcium (Ca2+), sodium (Na+) and potassium (K+) to be present. Wrong electrolyte levels can lead to either weak muscles, or muscles that contract too severely.
Our heart, muscle and nerve cells use electrolytes to maintain voltages across their cell membranes and to carry electrical impulses to other cells.
The level of an electrolyte in the blood can become too high or too low. Body electrolyte levels tend to alter when water levels in the body change - when our level of hydration goes up or down.
Electrolyte levels are kept constant by our kidneys and several hormones. When we exercise we sweat and lose electrolytes, mainly sodium and potassium.
To maintain constant electrolyte concentrations in our body fluids, these electrolytes must be replaced. Fresh fruits and vegetables are good sources of sodium and potassium and replace lost electrolytes. Excess electrolyte levels in our blood are filtered out by our kidneys.
If we do not consume the necessary levels of electrolytes there can be health consequences. The most common imbalances are hypernatremia and hyponatremia (too much or too little sodium), and hyperkalemia and hypokalemia, (excessive and insufficient levels of potassium).
Electrolytes are vital for the normal functioning of the human body
Fruit and vegetables are good sources of electrolytes
Electrolytes include sodium, potassium, calcium and bicarbonate
The symptoms of electrolyte imbalance can include twitching, weakness and, if unchecked, seizures
Elderly people are particularly susceptible to electrolyte imbalance
Hypercalcemia - too much calcium - is common in cancer patients
Kidney disease and severe dehydration can cause electrolyte imbalance
Ammino Acids- In the world of supplements, protein – whether from whey or another source – tends to hold steady as king of them all. But here’s something from high school biology you may have forgotten: Proteins are made of amino acids.
Actually, those amino acids are the very reason that protein is so important. Put very simply, amino acids are the building blocks of life. When you ingest a protein, your body breaks it apart into the individual aminos, reorders them, refolds them and turns them into whatever is needed at the time. But some amino acids are incredibly unique in the way they’re used in your body, especially when it comes to fitness.
Of primary concern to athletes is a group of three amino acids, leucine, isoleucine, and valine,called Branched-chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). As their name suggests, these aminos have a specialized shaped that allows them to be used in ways that other amino acids could only dream about. What, exactly, makes BCAAs so important? If proteins are made of amino acids, why should you also take amino acid supplements, instead of just getting all your protein?
Improved Muscle Growth – Okay, but what’s the point? What do BCAAs actually do? Lots of stuff, as it turns out. The primary reason that people turn to amino acid supplements, though, has to do with muscle growth. Leucine, in particular, has been shown to regulate and improve muscle protein synthesis after exercise. Stimulated by the stress of your workout and encouraged by the jolt of leucine, then, your muscles will have everything they need to grow and be better prepared for your next workout.
Increased Endurance – We’ll talk about this a little more in the next point, but amino acid supplements change the way your body uses your primary fuel sources – carbs and fat. For many athletes, especially those who depend on short bursts of power like sprints, glycogen depletion is a major problem, leading to exhaustion and a sharp drop in performance. Interestingly, a 2011 study put 7 male volunteers through a workout that was designed to totally destroy their glycogen supply. One group was given BCAAs and the other was given a placebo. The glycogen stores in the BCAA group were protected so well that these subjects saw a 17.2 percent increase in the time it took for them to hit the wall.
Greater Fat Burn – So, how do you think BCAAs protected the glycogen of those athletes? By burning fat instead. For those trying to lose some body fat, or athletes training on a low-carb diet, then, BCAAs will help your body make the switch to depending on fat for fuel.
Reduced Fatigue – Related to the above-mentioned findings, BCAAs have demonstrated the ability to ward off the mental fatigue that sometimes accompanies long workouts. Primarily, this is because the relationship between low BCAAs and tryptophan. Normally, when your BCAA levels drop, your body produces more tryptophan which then becomes serotonin in your brain and leads to feelings of tiredness and mental fatigue. BCAA supplements prevent this process.
Increased Mental Focus – By keeping the tryptophan monster away, amino acid supplements improve your short term memory and processing abilities. During competitions – especially those that last for several hours – this can be the key to victory.
Muscle Sparing – I know you don’t like to think about it but we need to discuss a harsh truth: Exercise damages your muscles. Usually, this damage is exactly what your body needs to rebuild and get stronger. Sometimes, however, things go too far and your muscles are actually broken down and used for fuel. Endurance athletes and those who routinely exercise in a fasted state or at a caloric deficit are especially at risk here. BCAAs, however, protect your muscle fibers from suffering too much damage.
Improved Recovery – This ability to increase muscle protein synthesis and guard your muscles means that you can recover from your workouts faster, getting back to your routine with less downtime. And remember, it’s during these periods of rest that your fitness improves. Ensuring that your recovery is complete, then, is vital to making progress.
Reduced Muscle Soreness – But wait, there’s more! The reduced damage and improved recovery has also been shown to limit the soreness that generally sets in after a strenuous workout.
Improved Performance in Sports – If we take all of the physical and psychological benefits of amino acid supplements together, something amazing becomes apparent: It can improve your overall performance. Your body will respond better to your workouts and your mind will operate more efficiently during the actual event, allowing you to maintain your focus and make better decisions.
MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKE RECIPE
¼ cup oatmeal (grind up first into a powder. You can also swap for flax seed) (complex carb)
2 tbsp peanut butter (healthy fat) (you can also use avocado, almond butter, MCT powder or oil, or Coconut oil)
1 scoop savage whey isolate protein powder
½ cup berries or banana (fast carb)
1 tbsp chia seed
Grind in a blender with water, juice, regular milk or almond milk. Just know that regular milk will slow the absorption which is great for a PM shake but for a post workout shake do not use regular milk as your looking for the fast absorption. AM shake adjust mixing liquid accordingly depending on what your using it for.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, mix one scoop of INTRA BLAST into 12-16 ounces of cold water and sip throughout each training session. INTRA BLAST can be consumed before training, between meals, while training, and post workout to boost your amino acid intake.
WARNING: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. This product is only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18 years of age or older. Do not use if you are pregnant, breast feeding, have known medical conditions (including but not limited to kidney, heart or liver disease) or are taking prescription or OTC medication(s). Consult with your health care practitioner before using this product.
THE ULTIMATE INTRA WORKOUT MUSCLE FUEL!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Supports recovery while you train †
- Full matrix EAA/BCAA formula
- Replenishes and rehydrates †
- Advanced electrolyte performance matrix †
- Zero fillers or additives
- 100% Transparent Label
- 20GAmino Acids
GAME OVER. INTRA BLAST DOMINATES ALL OTHER INTRA WORKOUTS.
NutraBio Intra Blast is an essential amino acid (EAA) powerhouse that was developed to address the time between pre- and post-workout, commonly referred to as the intra-workout period, when critical nutrients are needed to fuel performance, blunt fatigue, and accelerate recovery. Unlike other intra workouts that contain only branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), Intra Blast contains over 10,000 mg of all 9 essential amino acids, including BCAAs, clinically dosed to work synergistically in order to stimulate muscle protein synthesis, promote muscle growth, enhance recovery, and decrease muscle soreness from the most intense training sessions. NutraBio took Intra Blast's formula one step further by adding other ingredients, such as glutamine and betaine, that have been scientifically proven to accelerate recovery, replenish energy stores, improve strength, and keep you hydrated during your workouts. Intra Blast is without question the most advanced intra-workout amino acid product ever created. Take a look at the label and you will find each scoop of Intra Blast contains:
- Clinical doses of 16 research-backed ingredients
- A complete EAA profile
- 7200 mg of BCAAs in the scientifically studied 2:1:1 ratio (leucine:isoleucine:valine), shown to promote muscle growth and recovery and reduce training related soreness. BCAAs have also been shown to increase energy and blunt fatigue during exercise.
- 2805 mg of six EAAs to support muscle protein synthesis and other vital physiological functions in the body
- 2000 mg of betaine anhydrous to increase muscular strength, endurance, and total training volume
- 1000 mg of L-ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate to improve exercise performance by reducing ammonia concentrations in the blood thus lessening fatigue of working muscles
- 2822 mg electrolyte and hydration optimizer that helps maintain water balance in the muscles, facilitates motor neuron function, and increases exercise capacity.
Intra Blast represents a commitment to quality NutraBio made when we opened our doors 20 years ago. This commitment involves using only the highest quality ingredients backed by research, effective clinical doses, and no proprietary blends, fillers, excipients, or other potentially unhealthy or unneeded additives. Although the industry makes it seems like this is a new trend, the fact is NutraBio pioneered these concepts well over a decade ago. For us, it has never been a question of when is it a good time to start being honest. We have always been the innovators, not the imitators.
Without a doubt, Intra Blast is the pinnacle of intra-workout supplementation. There is a reason why it is the #1 rated BCAA/EAA supplement on SupplementReview.com. Intra Blast has everything you need in one comprehensive, open-label, clinically dosed formula and nothing that you don't. We pride ourselves on purity. What you see on the label is exactly what you get. Intra Blast contains no fillers, excipients, proprietary blends, or other potentially unhealthy or unneeded additives.
No other intra workout even comes close to providing the EAA profile and other effective, clinically dosed ingredients found in Intra Blast, which have been proven to fuel performance and enhance recovery. Ask yourself, "Can I expect results if I take shortcuts in my workouts?" If you answered no, then you shouldn't take shortcuts with your intra workout either.
You TRAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISE, and NutraBio has put every ounce of effort into creating INTRA BLAST WITHOUT COMPROMISE
Still not convinced NutraBio IntraBlast is the premier intra workout on the market? Check out what others are saying:
- "Once again NutraBio shows a quality product worth considering as an addition to anyone's workout stack" – Submitted by FlashReborn via supplementreviews.com
- "NutraBio back at it again! Best intra workout product I've used without the inclusion of simple carbs" – Submitted by iSamurai via supplementreviews.com
- "Fully dosed, top quality intra workout for all types of activity" – Submitted by BigHoop65 via supplementreviews.com
- "If it gets better than this, wake up, it is probably a pipe dream since I think this is the best product to date" – Submitted by hulkish1 via supplementreviews.com
- "Train hard? You'll want to try this. Train fasted? You'll need this!" – Submitted by medinacirilo via supplementreviews.com
To read all 30 reviews of NutraBio Intra Blast via SupplementReviews.com, please click HERE
The Science Behind NutraBio Intra Blast
A closer look at the 16 ingredients and doses used to make NutraBio Intra Blast the most complete recovery and performance intra-workout formula on the market.
MUSCLE GROWTH EAA/BCAA COMPLEX (10,005 mg)
BCAA COMPLEX (7200 mg)
The essential amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine collectively form what is referred to as the branched chain amino acids (BCAAs). These amino acids are essential because they cannot be produced in the body and must be provided though supplementation or diet. BCAAs comprise approximately 30% of the total muscle protein pool and are the primary amino acids oxidized in the muscles during exercise and catabolic stress. For these reasons, athletes supplement with BCAAs for the purpose of increasing muscle mass, reducing muscle damage, blunting fatigue, and increasing energy during exercise.
Hundreds of studies exist on the ergogenic benefits of BCAAs. The majority of them show that BCAAs, whether consumed throughout the day or pre, during, or post-exercise, decrease protein catabolism (breakdown) and support muscle protein synthesis, a physiological process responsible for muscle growth and repair. Furthermore, BCAAs are vitally important to glucose (energy) production, contributing to more than 40% of glucose production during sustained endurance exercises.
A study done in 2009 found that subjects who supplemented with BCAAs while following an 8-week resistance training program had a greater decrease in body fat, an increase in lean mass, and greater strength gains on the bench press and squat compared to the non-BCAA group.
The BCAAs found in NutraBio Intra are in the research-backed ratio of 2:1:1 (leucine: isoleucine:valine) and come from plant sources as opposed to animal sources, such as feathers or hair.
L-LEUCINE (3600 mg)
- Leucine is one of the essential BCAAs. By itself, it can stimulate muscle protein synthesis, the process responsible for muscle growth and recovery. This is why it is often referred to as the "main" amino acid.
- Supplementation with at least 2 grams daily of leucine has been shown to decrease muscle soreness, lessen recovery time between workouts, and increase lean muscle mass.
- Howatson et al. (2012) discovered that leucine (combined with isoleucine and valine) administered before muscle damaging resistance exercises reduced indices of muscle damage and accelerated recovery in resistance-trained males.
L-ISOLEUCINE (1800 mg)
- Isoleucine, like leucine, is another BCAA that can stimulate muscle protein synthesis, but to a lesser extent when not combined with the other BCAAs. However, isoleucine significantly increases glucose uptake and the use of glucose during exercise, leading to greater energy production.
- Isoleucine may also play a role in the fat-burning abilities of BCAAs.
- Nishimura et al. (2010) found that mice consuming a high-fat diet in conjunction with isoleucine gained less fat mass than mice not receiving isoleucine. This was due to isoleucine's ability to stimulate receptors that inhibit fat storage and increase fat burning.
L-VALINE (1800 mg)
- Valine, the third BCAA, promotes muscular endurance and decreases fatigue during exercise.
- When exercising, tryptophan is converted to serotonin and signals the brain that the body is fatigued—ultimately leading to a decrease in muscle strength and endurance.
- Since valine competes with tryptophan for entry into the brain and prevails, less serotonin gets to the brain, which ultimately leads to stronger muscular contractions, quicker recovery between sets, and prolonged muscular strength and endurance.
EAA COMPLEX (2805 mg)
In addition to the BCAAs, there are 6 other essential amino acids (EAAs) needed by the body that must be provided though supplementation or diet. These EAAs are lysine, threonine, histidine, methionine, phenylalanine, and tryptophan. The research involving these EAAs show they contribute to protein synthesis, are important for recovery after intense exercise, and serve many other important physiological functions in the body.
Tipton et al. showed that consuming EAAs provided an additive significant effect on net muscle protein balance over a 24-hour period after resistance training compared to a placebo group. This increased protein balance may lead to increased muscular hypertrophy, improved exercise recovery, and reduced muscle damage.
Unfortunately, most companies don't use the full EAA spectrum because they are hard to flavor and very expensive compared to just BCAAs. At NutraBio, we don't shy away from challenges, which is why we chose to take on this difficult formulation task to combine the best of both worlds in creating INTRA BLAST.
L-LYSINE (850 mg)
- L-lysine plays an essential role in the production of carnitine, a nutrient responsible for converting fatty acids into energy and helping to lower cholesterol.
- L-lysine contributes to muscle protein synthesis and may increase the effectiveness of L-arginine in promoting growth hormone release, both of which contribute to muscle growth.
- It also appears L-lysine helps the body absorb calcium, and it plays an important role in the formation of collagen, a substance important for bones and connective tissues including skin, tendon, and cartilage.
- Suminski et al. discovered that growth hormone levels were significantly elevated in subjects during resting conditions 60 minutes after ingestion of lysine compared to a placebo.
L-THREONINE (850 mg)
- L-threonine is an EAA that promotes normal growth by helping to maintain the proper protein balance in the body. Threonine also supports cardiovascular, liver, central nervous, and immune system function.
- It is needed to create glycine and serine, two amino acids that are necessary for the production of collagen, elastin, and muscle tissue. L-threonine helps keep connective tissues and muscles throughout the body strong and elastic, including the heart, where it is found in significant amounts.
- L-threonine may also reduce unwanted muscle contractions and help speed up recovery from injury. It has also been shown to facilitate proper responses to high-stress scenarios created by intense exercise.
L-HISTIDINE (450 mg)
- In the body, L-histidine combines with beta-alanine to form skeletal muscle carnosine, which plays a crucial role in hydrogen ion buffering and leads to improved exercise performance.
- L-histidine is also needed for the maintenance of myelin sheaths (nerve protection) and may increase production of red and white blood cells.
- Recent research has shown that L-histidine may promote vasodilation and increase performances that require short, explosive bursts.
DL-METHIONINE (300 mg)
- DL-methionine is essential for the production of creatine, which is an important nutrient for the proper functioning of muscles, the brain, and the entire cardiovascular system. It is also a precursor to protein synthesis.
- DL-methionine is essential for the production of carnitine, which assists in the process of converting fats to energy.
- DL-methionine is also an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and in some cases may enhance mood.
DL-PHENYLALANINE (300 mg)
- Phenylalanine is an EAA and precursor to tyrosine. Like tyrosine, it increases production of epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine, and thyroid hormones.
- These neurotransmitters are critical in muscle activation and movement and can also increase fat loss, boost alertness, and affect mood.
- Phenylalanine is vital to synthesizing muscle protein and raises insulin secretion, both of which can help with muscle growth following exercise.
L-TRYPTOPHAN (55 mg)
- L-tryptophan is an EAA that the body requires to synthesize proteins and specialized molecules, such as the neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Serotonin appears to play significant roles in moods, inflammation, and other body functions.
- It has also been demonstrated to have the ability to have a positive impact on pain perception.
- In 1988, Segura and Ventura's research analyzed the effects of a moderate supplementation with L-tryptophan, the immediate precursor of 5-HT, on endurance and sensation of effort. The result of this research showed total exercise time was 49.4% greater and pain tolerance was increased after receiving L-tryptophan compared to a placebo.
MUSCLE RECOVERY ACCELERATOR (5000 mg)
STRENGTH & PERFORMANCE MATRIX (3000 mg)
BETAINE ANHYDROUS (2000 mg)
- Betaine, scientifically referred to as trimethylglycine, is a metabolite of choline. Betaine's two main functions in the body are as a methyl donor and osmolyte. As an osmolyte, betaine protects proteins, cells, and enzymes from heat, dehydration, and other physiological stresses. As a methyl donor, betaine is used to convert homocysteine to L-methionine and is therefore a precursor to creatine.
- Doses of 2500–6000 mg betaine daily may increase muscular strength, endurance, and total training volume.
- Betaine also plays a role in hepatic fat metabolism, promotes muscle protein synthesis, and has been suggested to increase nitric oxide levels.
- A study conducted by the University of Connecticut found that individuals supplementing with 1.25 grams of betaine twice daily increased bench press power by 20%.
L-ORNITHINE ALPHA-KETOGLUTARATE 2:1 REACTED (OKG) (1000 mg)
- OKG is a combination of two molecules of the nonessential amino acid ornithine bound to alpha-ketoglutarate. OKG has been shown to stimulate an increase in arginine, plasma glutamate, and intramuscular glutamine, as well as stimulate an increase in insulin secretion, nitric oxide synthesis, HGH, and IGF1. The increases in these substances due to OKG promote anabolic and anti-catabolic responses in the body, which may play a role in boosting recovery.
- OKG may also improve exercise performance by reducing ammonia concentrations in the blood, thus lessening fatigue of working muscles.
- OKG plays a supporting role in muscle protein synthesis
- Suqino et al. (2008) found those supplementing with L-ornithine for 6 days were able to reduce perceptions of fatigue by 52% compared to a placebo. The author also observed that ammonia accrual during exercise was reduced compared to a placebo.
- NutraBio's OKG is fully reacted, which means it is positively bonded. It is in the exact same form that the positive research studies were based on.
ELECTROLYTE & HYDRATION OPTIMIZER (2822 mg)
TAURINE (2000 mg)
- Taurine is one of the most important, useful, and safest amino acids. Taurine is best known for its beneficial effects on the heart and cardiovascular system. Early clinical research also suggests that taurine, in combination with caffeine, can produce improvements in mental performance. When the body engages in extreme physical activity, it no longer will be able to produce the necessary amounts of taurine; therefore, supplementation becomes necessary.
- Taurine is involved in the regulation of core body temperature and may help prevent heat stress and stroke.
- Taurine also acts as an osmolyte, assisting the body in maintaining proper water balance.
- Zhang et al. (2004) found that individuals who supplemented with taurine for 1 week before an exhaustive exercise bout significantly improved time to exhaustion, VO2 max, and maximal workload. It also decreased exercise-induced DNA damage.
CALCIUM POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE CITRATE (AS CALCI-K) (525 mg) AND SODIUM PHOSPHATE (157 mg)
- Calcium, potassium, and phosphorus are vital electrolytes needed to maintain bodily water balance and facilitate motor neuron function.
- The combination of these electrolytes in CALCI-K is highly soluble and readily absorbed by the body.
- Electrolytes have been shown to prevent muscle cramps and are essential to normal muscular contractions.
- As we exercise, electrolytes are lost through sweat and must be replaced in order to prevent decreases in performance
- Sims et al. (2007) discovered that pre-exercise ingestion of a high-sodium beverage increased plasma volume before exercise, involved less thermoregulatory and perceived strain during exercise, and increased exercise capacity in warm conditions.
DI-MAGNESIUM MALATE (140 mg)
- Magnesium is an essential mineral and electrolyte that is involved in protein synthesis, ATP formation, metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, and bone strength.
- Skeletal muscle stores ~35% of the body's total magnesium stores, where it can help regulate muscular contractions and act as a calcium channel blocker.
- Exercise can deplete magnesium stores, which can induce cramping and severe muscular pain. Therefore, it is important to replace this critical electrolyte during exercise.
- Magnesium has been shown to increase aerobic exercise capabilities and lead to greater muscle oxygenation.
- A study conducted by Golf et al. (1998) found that subjects who supplemented with magnesium for 4 weeks were able to significantly improve the time it took to compete triathlon-like testing compared to a control group.
Intra Blast FAQs
What is the best way to take Intra Blast?
- Mix one scoop of Intra Blast into 12–16 oz. of cold water and sip throughout each training session of the day.
Is intra-workout supplementation really necessary?
- Necessary in the fact that the ingredients found in Intra Blast have been scientifically proven to provide energy and blunt fatigue during exercise, as well stimulate muscle protein synthesis to a greater degree compared to when nothing is taken during a workout.
Can I use Intra Blast with my pre-workout?
- Yes. Because Intra Blast contains no stimulants, you can take it with your pre-workout. This is especially beneficial if your current pre-workout does not contain any of the essential amino acids.
Should I only use Intra Blast during my workouts?
- No. In addition to taking during training, Intra Blast can be consumed before and after training, between meals, or on your days off to boost amino acid intake.
What other NutraBio products would you recommend taking with IntraBlast?
- In order to optimize your workout from start to finish, we recommend NutraBio PRE before starting your workout, Intra Blast during, and our Whey Protein Isolate immediately post exercise. This will cover all your energy, focus, muscle building, and recovery needs.
What makes Intra Blast better than other intra-workout supplements?
- Most intra-workout supplements only contain BCAAs. Intra Blast takes this one step further by adding all the essential amino acids and glutamine to in order to maximize muscle protein synthesis, promote muscle growth, reduce muscle damage, and shorten recovery time.
Savage Pre-workout has arrived! Combining the benefits of a fat burner, pump product, and pre-workout all in one. Clinically dosed meaning that we don't hide behind proprietary blends and give you the effective dose of all ingredients. Not only are these ingredients a force all on there own we find the best combination where they all work in symmetry with one another. Take a look for yourself.
Nitric oxide pump blend
Citrulline Malate 6g- Citrulline supplementation, generally in malic acid salt form (aka citrulline malate), has a strong body of scientific and empirical evidence supporting its benefits in the realm of physical performance enhancement. Aside from being a necessary biomolecule in the urea cycle, citrulline may enhance health and performance by:
-Elevating nitric oxide (NO2) production which is a positive regulator of vasodilation and blood flow
-Enhancing elimination of toxic nitrogen metabolites
-Enhancing the utilization of essential amino acids during exercise
-Improving recovery time after exercise by attenuating delayed-onset muscle soreness
-Reducing/inhibiting the increase in plasma insulin levels that usually arises after high-intensity exercise
-Increasing growth hormone levels to a higher degree in individuals after resistance training as compared to a placebo group
Augmatine 1g-Agmatine, also known as (4-aminobutyl)guanidine, is a derivative of the amino acid l-arginine. Stored in neurons, this compound (also referred to as “super arginine”) is known to assist with central nervous system function, primarily as a neuromodulator and neurotransmitter.
Research into agmatine reveals a potential to improve the symptoms related to neuropathic pain, and the ability to assist with the treatment of drug addiction. Agmatine also helps to govern nitric oxide (NO) synthesis, as well as working to properly regulate cellular energy by overseeing polyamine metabolic function. This makes agmatine sulfate a popular pump-inducing supplement choice.
In the muscle building and sports performance realm, agmatine works to provide the following potential benefits:
- ● Improved muscle pumps via the inhibition of nitric oxide synthase (NOS).
- ● Better intra-workout energy.
- ● In the role of a nootropic, aiding with mental clarity (focus), stress management and mental health.
- ● Helps to promote healthy insulin sensitivity, promoting leanness and muscle building.
Beta alanine1.6-Beta-Alanine is a non-essential amino acid and is the only naturally occurring beta-amino acid. Not to be confused with regular alanine, beta- alanine is classified as a non-proteinogenic amino acid, as it is not believed to be used in the building of proteins.
The greatest natural dietary sources of beta-alanine are believed to be obtained through ingesting the beta-alanine containing dipeptides: carnosine, anserine and balenine, rather than directly ingesting beta-alanine. These dipeptides are found in protein rich foods such as chicken, beef, pork and fish. It is predominantly through ingesting the dipeptide carnosine that we ingest most of our beta-alanine, as the two other dipeptides are not found nearly as plentiful in our typical coniferous diet. However, obtaining beta-alanine through these dipeptides is not the only way, as our bodies can synthesize it in the liver from the catabolism of pyrimidine nucleotides which are broken down into uracil and thymine and then metabolized into beta-alanine and B-aminoisobutyrate. Of course, it can also be ingested through direct supplementation which is the focus of this article.
Below is a list of the benefits from beta-alanine, supported by peer-reviewed university research, published in reputable science journals.
Benefits of Beta-Alanine as supported by scientific studies:
- ● Increase Muscular Strength & Power Output.
- ● Increases Muscle Mass
- ● Increase Anaerobic Endurance
- ● Increases Aerobic Endurance
- ● Delay Muscular Fatigue- Train Harder & Longer
D- asparic acid 500mg-DAA is mainly used to enhance athletic performance. It has also been implicated in a variety of other outcomes, including:
- ● Enhancing secondary calcium-dependent neurotransmission signaling;
- ● Decreasing risks factors for developing cardiovascular disorders;
- ● Increasing testosterone levels;IN MEN ONLY
- ● Helping to gain lean muscle mass and decrease fat stores;
- ● Stimulating increases in muscle power;
- ● Promoting hormone synthesis;
- ● Increasing fertility and enhancing spermatogenesis
Focus, Energy, endurance and Fat burning complex
Caffine Anhydrous 325mg-Caffeine crosses the blood-brain barrier easily, making it a very psychoactive substance. Inside the brain, caffeine counteracts the substance andenosine. Andenosine is responsible for inhibiting nervous system activity. Caffeine binds to the andenosine receptors and essentially stops andenosine from putting the brakes on neural activity.
Caffeine also boosts epinephrine, dopamine and serotonin. In general, users of caffeine have more energy, more alertness and less fatigue. Athletes can benefit from these effects and more.
Using pre-workout supplements is a smart way to ensure you get the right nutrients and supplements into your body at the right time. Athletes around the world use caffeine anhydrous and caffeine supplements to improve performance and accelerate results. The most common positive effects are increased fat loss, elongated muscular performance, and enhanced recovery.
- ● Increased fat loss. Since caffeine increases overall energy output, it has a positive effect on the metabolic system. It increases the release of fat into the bloodstream and helps your body burn it faster. The effects can be magnified when combined with exercise since your body will be primed for fat loss.
- ● Muscular endurance. For aerobic activities like cycling or running, caffeine improves endurance. This seems to be a result of both the inhibition of andenosine and also the glucose sparing effect caffeine has on muscles. By increasing fat oxidation, caffeine prevents the body from using intramuscular glucose as the initial energy source so the stored energy can be reserved for later. It is believed that caffeine helps with perceived effort and exertion, so it essentially makes exercise feel easier!
- ● Muscular Strength and Power. Caffeine isn’t only effective for distance-oriented athletes, it’s a great tool for weightlifting and other anaerobic activities as well. A study was performed on 18 male athletes who were given either caffeine or a placebo before performing chest press, leg press, or Wingate test. The group given caffeine lifted significantly more weight in the chest press and achieved more power in the Wingate test.
- ● Faster recovery. As anyone that’s ever exercised knows, doing a new type of exercise or coming back after a break can be painful the next day, so faster recovery is crucial. For experienced athletes, recovery is even more important since an event or entire career can depend on muscles being fully healed and at optimal performance at the right time. A study performed at the University of Georgia tested the post-workout pain felt by a sample of volunteers. The group given the caffeine had 48% less pain than the placebo group.
N- Acetyl-L-Tyrosine-500mg -N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is a brain supplement that has quickly grown in popularity.
This amino acid is critical for a number of different bodily functions such as cognitive processes, building muscles, and cell growth and recovery.
Taking N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine can support peak performance from both your brain and body by alleviating stress, stimulating your mind and improving neural communication.
It is one of the cognitive enhancement supplements that can promote better balance in the neurotransmitter levels in your brain. For this reason, almost anyone can benefit
from using N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine supplements and it is a common addition to nootropic stacks with Racetams and some of the more potent brain boosters out there.
-Improves Mood and Feelings of Subjective Well-Being
-Increases Cognitive Function When Exposed to Stress
-Shown to Improve Stress Response and Anxiety
-Shown to Improve Attention and Wakefulness
-May Improve Dopamine Deficiency
DMHA - what's in a Name?
In chemistry, there is a very specific set of guidelines for naming molecules so that there is no ambiguity known as the IUPAC system. The name 2-aminoisoheptane does not describe just one molecule, but multiple variations of that molecule.
let's break it down by parts:
Heptane means there are 7 total carbons in the molecule. The term ?iso? means that there is a methyl group that branches out of the linear carbon chain. For isoheptane, that methyl group can be either on the 3rd, 4th, or 5th carbon in the chain of 6 carbons (6 carbons plus the 1 methyl group is 7 carbons for heptane). The only part we know for sure is that there is an amine group on carbon 2.
So, the most accurate name for the structure would be 2-amino-5-methylhexane or 5-methyl-2-hexanamine. But, that is not the molecule that is found in nature and what most companies are using. To add to the confusion even more, the actual molecule found in nature in Kigelia Africana fruit extract is 2-amino-6-methylheptane, or 2-aminoisooctane (because now there are 8 total carbons, not 7).
Somewhere along the way, DMHA was also coined for this compound, I believe by Bruce Kneller which stands for 1,5-dimethylhexanamine. This doesn't specifically tell you where the amine group is, but its catchy and marketable, especially as a DMAA replacement. This is usually the molecule found in your supplements.
There is also a 2-amino-5-methylheptane that is found in nature in the bark of the Juglans regia tree. However, due to cost, most companies use 2-amino-6-methylheptane in their products.
So, now that we are all talking about the same molecule, 2-amino-6-methylheptane or DMHA, what do we actually know about it? Well, it was investigated as a nasal decongestant (as was DMAA) in the 1950s. In fact, it was the active ingredient in the decongestant Eskays Oralator that contained 350mg of it!
There is not a lot of human data for DMHA, but there are some animal pharmacology papers that help shed some light on how it works in the body. In a 1952 study in dogs, tested various octlyamines similar in structure to DMHA showed that these compounds had a similar mechanism of action of amphetamine, but with less stimulation and cardiac activity.
As you can see when comparing structures of DMHA, DMAA and amphetamine, you'll notice that all the compounds have a polar amine group on carbon 2 and then have an extremely lipophilic (greasy) carbon chain/ring. This is known as amphiphilic (containing polar and nonpolar sections) which allow it to readily cross the blood-brain barrier.
DMHA also possesses a methyl group on the alpha carbon that stericly hinders monoamine oxidase, which should give it a similar half-life to DMAA or amphetamine (both half-lives are around 9-11hr). Also, based on its similar structure to DMAA, DMHA should act as a monoamine releasing agent (MRA) of catecholamines such as dopamine and norepinephrine.
An MRA is taken up by transcellular catecholamine channels and the primary location for action is the terminal nerve ends that extend from the sympathetic nervous system to organs like your heart, kidneys, and vasculature nerves. This is where MRAs cause a localized release of norepinephrine which subsequently increases heart rate and renal vasodilaion (via beta-1 adrenergic activity) and peripheral vasoconstriction (via alpha-1 adrenergic activity).
This explains the side effects normally felt when you take a very strong stimulant like DMAA or DMH. When DMHA binds to the trace amine associated receptor 1, it will temporarily prevent the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine into the presynaptic nerve.
By blocking their reuptake, catecholamines like dopamine and norepinephrine stay active longer in your body and produces the feelings of euphoria and wakefulness (from the dopamine and norepinephrine).
for Fat Loss
There is some evidence to show that supplements containing DMHA can be effective when used as a fat burner. When combined with other ingredients such as caffeine, a commercial fat burner
was found to have significantly decrease body weight, total fat, and appetite compared to those using a placebo (McCarthy et al, 2012a). It was also found that the rate of fat burning increased to over 169% compared to a placebo and the metabolic rate increased by 35% over the placebo.
L-Theanine 200mg - L-theanine, a water-soluble amino acid, is found mainly in green and black tea, and to a lesser extent in mushrooms. It constitutes between 1 and 2 percent of the dry weight of tea. Passing through the blood-brain barrier within 30 minutes, it is used for stress relief, the treatment of anxiety, improved concentration and focus, and minimal cognitive impairment. It is said to generate creativity, a state of wakeful relaxation, and higher learning via the ability to ignore distracting information during complex tasks.
- ● L-theanine has demonstrated benefit for patients diagnosed with anxiety by increasing levels of dopamine and GABA in the brain. It also improved test performance without the agitation caused by caffeine.
In this case we used l -theanine to balance the amount of stimulants so it provides the user with a clean focus instead of the jitters associated with high stim preworkouts.
Green tea extract 50mg- The ancient Chinese were well aware of green tea’s health boosting abilities. They literally used green tea to naturally and effectively treat nearly every ailment, from physical damage in the form of bruises to the severe and complex emotional network, often at the root of a major depressive episode. In ancient China, green tea’s unique beneficial health qualities have made this beverage become well known as a completely natural medicinal treatment.
Green tea is generally credited with easing the symptoms of cancers, high cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, impaired immune system functioning, and a multitude of different infections. Green tea is able to provide such vast and effective health benefits largely due to the tea’s high concentrations of many different health benefiting chemicals called catechin polyphenols. These chemicals are very powerful antioxidants. In particular, green tea contains a unique polyphenol known as epigallocatechin gallate, or more commonly referred to with the acronym EGCG.
EGCG is a very powerful antioxidant that is specifically credited with some very strong cancer fighting abilities. EGCG not only inhibits the progression and growth of any future cancer cells, but it also accurately identifies, marks, and eliminates cancer infected cells without causing any damage to healthy tissues. EGCG has been documented as an effective antioxidant to prevent any abnormal formation of blood clots. The actual process of forming an abnormal blood clot within the body is known as a thrombosis. The leading cause of heart attacks and strokes is the initial experience of a thrombosis. Therefore, green tea consumption is certainly considered an effective prevention measure against these very detrimental and common negative health conditions.
Green tea has been associated with expediting the process of weight loss. Multiple scientific research studies have found green tea to be a key component in healthy and fast weight loss. Green tea is often recommended for those desiring more overall energy in their daily lives.
Yohimbine HCL 1.5mg-Yohimbine is a chemical that is derived from the bark of the yohimbe tree, a tall evergreen. While the tree is native to Western Africa, supplements containing yohimbine are sold across the world due to the chemical's wide variety of benefits. Yohimbine is a common ingredient in energy drinks and sports nutrition supplements.
Yohimbine is a vasodilator, which means that it expands blood vessels. This allows for easier blood flow and superior circulation. In particular, studies have shown that yohimbine is effective in improving blood flow to extremities, such as your hands and feet. Lower doses of yohimbine can also lower blood pressure and increase heart rate, which can help your body deliver nutrients to working cells.
Yohimbine is also a popular ingredient in weight-loss and fat-burning products. This is because some studies have shown yohimbine to be effective in removing "stubborn fat"--slimming down problem spots like the abdomen and thighs.
Yohimbine's slimming effect is due to its blockage of alpha(2) andrenoreceptors, which prevent the release of a fat-mobilizing hormone, norepinephrine. Yohimbine ensures higher norepinephrine levels, which causes your body to break down fat cells. This also increases blood flow to fat tissue, which causes less fat to be retained
Yohimbine also has another advantage for dieters--appetite suppression. Studies have shown that supplementation with yohimbine reduces overall calorie intake by neutralizing feelings of hunger.
Interestingly, one study found that yohimbine reduced carbohydrate and fat intake, but not protein intake. This assists in appetite suppression because protein increases feelings of fullness. Your body also burns more calories digesting protein than it does digesting carbohydrates or fat.
Supplements that promise to optimize sexual health and battle erectile dysfunction also contain yohimbine. This is because of yohimbine's tendency to increase blood flow to extremities--in this case, your genitals.
addition, yohimbine can slightly increase testosterone levels in men. Women can benefit from yohimbine as well, as the chemical can increase feelings of sexual arousal.
Huperzine A 150mcg- Huperzine-A is a naturally occurring alkaloid found in the plant Huperzia serrata, also known as Chinese Club Moss. Huperzine-A has been used for many years in traditional Chinese medicine to treat many different conditions including swelling, fever, and schizophrenia. As a supplement, Huperzine-A is often used to enhance memory, focus, and learning ability. Huperzine-A may be of benefit to students and in treating age-related cognitive decline.
Huperzine-A is an inhibitor of the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which breaks down acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter. Huperzine-A is able to cross the blood-brain barrier so that it can exert its effects in the brain. In addition to its effects on acetylcholine levels, huperzine-A may also increase nerve growth factor (an protein that is important for the growth and sustenance of nerve cells), however more research is definitely needed on this topic. Anecdotal evidence has supported the brain-boosting effects of huperzine-A, with users both young and old reporting increased mental clarity and memory. Huperzine-A shows promise as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, and functions similarly to certain drugs used to treat cognitive decline.